By the mid-1600’s dueling was at the height of its popularity. In fact, this trend for settling affairs of honor with steel reached such heights that King Louis XIII of France outlawed dueling One particular sword began to gain popularity – a smaller, lighter and faster version of the Rapier that was easier to carry and quicker. A precursor to what would eventually become the Smallsword referred to by many simply as the “transitional rapier”. Cold Steel’s interpretation of this blade (which we have named the Cavalier Rapier) features a sharp double edged and needle tipped blade which is decidedly shorter and lighter than a classic Rapier, allowing for much more speed and agility. With a tempered steel pierced shell guard, rings, quillons and knuckle bow it offers astonishingly good hand protection, while its wire wrapped grip and counter balancing pommel give great comfort and liveliness in-hand.
- With a tempered steel pierced shell guard, rings, quillons and knuckle bow it offers astonishingly good hand protection
- 36" Blade
- Carbon Steel – 1055
- Wire Bound Leather Handle
- Leather Sheath
- We are UK based and this product ships from the UK
- £14 for 1-2 Working Day Delivery (Oversized package 1.1m+)
- Price checked regularly, we won't be beaten on price
For sale to those age 18 and over. Age check performed during order processing and by courier on delivery.