Cold Steel Fighting with the Sabre & Cutlass DVD
The series begins by illustrating how to properly oppose an opponent who is armed with a weapon that is similar to your own. This is the best way to build the necessary foundation of skills, techniques, and eye-hand coordination that will allow you to oppose a wide spectrum of adversaries who are armed with all kinds of street weapons.
After learning and refining your basic skills you will be ready to progress to the seldom taught subjects of infighting, grappling, and brawling with a saber. There is even a section on how to throw a saber with great effect in a combat situation.
* Gripping Methods
* Ready Stance or On Guard Position
* Footwork Methods
* Fighting Ranges
* Seven Primary Cutting Methods
* Five Primary Thrusting Methods
* 8 Essential Parries
* Cut, Thrust, and Parry Drills
* Combat Strategy
* How to Recognize and Create Openings
* Throwing the Saber or Cutlass